Today we bring you a recipe that will surely make your mouth water: banana tequeños. Who said that this traditional cheese dessert couldn't be taken to another level? This creative and flavorful recipe combines the sweetness of ripe banana with the salty, creamy flavor of melted cheese.
We will also show you how, by using Mama Foods products, you will ensure that the quality of the preparation is superior.
Regardless of whether you are looking to prepare them for a meeting or simply to enjoy as an appetizer at home, this recipe is an excellent option for any Venezuelan food lover. Get ready to explore a unique and delicious recipe!
You can also read: Cheese or cheese and guava tequeños, which do you prefer?
- 2 ripe bananas
- 150 grams of grated hand cheese
- 50 grams of cream cheese
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Peel the bananas and cut them into three equal parts. Then, boil them in a pot of water for 10 minutes, or until they are soft.
- Prepare the cheese filling while the plantains cook. Mix the grated cheese and cream cheese in a bowl until you obtain a homogeneous mixture.
- Mash the cooked bananas with a fork and let them cool slightly. Then, take a tablespoon of the cheese mixture to place in the center of each piece of banana.
- Roll the banana tequeños into a cylinder, seal them with a little beaten egg and pass each tequeño in the breadcrumbs, making sure they are well coated.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add the tequeños to fry until golden brown on all sides.
Some recommendations for your tequeños
For this recipe we recommend using grated hand cheese and cream cheese. You can find some of these cheeses in the Mama Foods online store. Queso de mano is the traditional Venezuelan cheese used in the original Tequeños recipe, while cream cheese will give a creamier texture to the filling.
In addition, we recommend using breadcrumbs, oat flour or cornstarch to obtain a crunchy and delicious result.
Save time and buy them pre-cooked
If you don't have the desire or time to cook, Mama Foods has the solution for you. In the online store you can buy ready-made banana tequeños . These are made with the best ingredients and have the same delicious flavor as those you would prepare at home. You just need to fry them and they will be ready to enjoy!
Unmissable flavor on your table!
You will love the banana tequeños! It is a traditional recipe that allows you to combine the sweetness of bananas with the salty and creamy flavor of cheese. Remember that the kitchen is a space where creativity can be tested; Therefore, also consider experimenting with different types of cheese or adding other ingredients to vary the flavor.In Venezuela, tequeños are a popular snack and can be found at any party or social event. If you want to know more about the gastronomy and culture of Venezuela, visit the Mama Foods store now, make your little traditional market and, above all, have fun cooking!